Friday, March 21, 2014

Soup in the Mail???

On most days, a trip to the mailbox is done by habit, duty, routine, whatever you want to call it.  I am not even certain what time the mail is normally delivered in my neighborhood.  Monday was different, I caught myself enthusiastically awaiting the arrival of the mail carrier.  I was expecting my first ever Bead Soup to arrive from my partner Nancy Dale.  We were assigned as swap partners for the 8th Bead Soup Blog Party.

I was so excited to open my package and find 2 soups.  One is a beautiful rich garnet red (my favorite color) and the other in gorgeous shades of blue. What makes this so exciting for me, is not only is this my 1st ever BSBP but I have been admiring Nancy's work for sometime now as I had found her blog and website some time ago while looking for bead patterns and tutorials online.  

The garnet red soup contains Lampwork lentils and large whole lampwork beads by Julsbeads, 8mm Czech Cathedral Beads, 6mm Frosted ruby beads, Vintage glass, a sterling snaky clasp, sterling crystal rondelles and lots of seed beads in red, silver and tan...I have so many ideas going through my head right now for these beads but not quite sure just yet what I will come up with.  I am seeing multiple projects take shape from this tasty looking soup.  

The 2nd soup contains the Blue soup...Which contains a beautiful Polymer Clay cabachon by Mandarin Moon, Two 18mm swarovski sapphire glacial blue rivolis, chinese crystals and Czech pressed glass, Cathedral glass, 4mm Swarovski sapphire cathedral crystal bicones and multiple seed beads as well as a sterling clasp and bead caps.  Again, I have a ton of idea running through my head and I can't wait to see where it leads me.  

For now, I will sign off and head to the beading table...Thinking I will have to flip a coin or maybe a two sided cabachon to see what color I should start with.  Happy Beading!!!


1 comment:

  1. Yay!! So happy you like your soup!! :) :) Thank you so much for my lovely soup, I have an idea, too!! (I also hope to get the blog post done this weekend, as now *I* and the one who is behind... ;) )

    ReplyDelete

River Walk Bracelet designed by Cynthia Newcomer Daniel

River Walk Bracelet designed by Cynthia Newcomer Daniel
Stitched by Me. Love the colors of this one.l