Saturday, December 6, 2014

2nd Annual Bead Hoarders Blog Hop

I am a bit late getting my blog and photos posted.  It's been a very busy week. My Hubby and I spent yesterday supporting our son and his Rock and Roll band in a "Battle for a Grand". Out of 30 bands in the Kansas City area, ElectroPossum took 1st place. We are very proud of him and the fact that this band just started playing publicly together in April 2014.  What an amazing accomplishment.  Check out their You tube videos...

Back to the beading:
I have toyed with the idea for quite some time of what I was going to do for the hop and kept going to my bead wall and trying to decide what I wanted to work with.  I changed my mind so many times so I decided to confer with hubby.  He laughed at first then said, "Why don't you start with the Rivoli's?"
He was referring to my massive amount of packages of Rivolis hanging on the supply wall in various colors and sizes plus the numerous projects in various stages of completion.  

Rivolis are fascinating to me.  I am always amazed at how the colors change according to the beads that are put with them.  Needless to say, I've never met a rivoli I didn't like.

The very first time I ever worked with a rivoli was a few years back when Nikia Angel was coming to Kansas City and taught a workshop for The Bead Society of Greater Kansas City.  I joined Bead Society on a Friday night and met Nikia.  I wanted to go to the workshop the next day, but it was full.  I was asked if I wanted to be put on the on-call list in case of a cancellation...I jumped on it.  I really didn't think I had a chance of getting in but was trying to be optimistic.  

Saturday morning approx 9am I get a phone call while standing next to my motorcycle getting ready to go for a ride, when a member called to say that there was a last minute opening if I would like to attend. The workshop was in 3 hours and I was an hour and a half away...I ran into the house, grabbed my beading supplies, stuffed them into the saddle bags on the bike and set out to class.

The Crystal Pagoda was my first Nikia project and definitely not my last...I have made several projects of hers since that time and have also had the opportunity to be a pattern tester for her design "Tudor Lariat".  That photo will be posted in a separate blog later this month.


Below you will see some of my Rivoli obsessions.  I have bezeled them with Super duos, 2 hole triangles, seed beads, dragon scale beads (my new favorite bead), fire polish, crystals, daggers, pearls, etc...Still working on a few more ideas but working out the details.

This is the one that I an currently working on to wear on Christmas day.  I really like the Green and Red combo against the crystal rivoli


Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy seeing my pieces. Please take some time to take a peak at all the other Bead Hoarders Blogs and leave comments.  We always LOVE to hear feedback.

Until we Bead again!!!
Lori AndersonPrettyThings  (Hostess)

Audrey Belanger
Toki No Hourosha
Jenny KyrlachWonder and Whimsy
Kathy LindemerBay Moon Design
Lori SchneiderBead Addict
Dee ElgieCherry Obsidia
Dolores RamlCraftyD's Creations
Rebecca EdnieEclectic Endeavors
Lili Kristhttp://emjestudio.blogspot.com/
Marybeth Richhttp://forestofjewels.blogspot.com/
Hannah Rosner
Good River Valley
Nicole Princehttp://healingbeading.blogspot.com/
Deana Hagerhttp://justdeesarts.blogspot.com/
Jackie Ryanhttp://kydojewellery.blogspot.co.uk/
Elsie Deliz-Fonsecahttp://ladelizchica.blogspot.com/
Mowse Doylehttp://mowsemadethis.blogspot.com/
Evelyn Shelbyhttp://raindropcreationsbyevelyn.blogspot.com
Lisa Johnsonhttp://spudandmrsbutters.blogspot.com/
Terri Gauthierhttp://terrisbloomingideas.blogspot.com/
Patti Pruhshttp://threebeadsandastring.blogspot.com
Shai Williams
http://www.shaihasramblings.com/
Andrea GlickZenith Jade
K Hutchinsonhttps://jumbledhutch.wordpress.com
Marci BrooksThat Nothing Be Wasted
Jo-Ann WoolvertonIt's a Beadiful Creation
Jasvanti PatelJewelrybyjasvanti.blogspot.com
Laurie VyselaarLefthandjewelry.wordpress.com
Lisa KnappenbergerLIRaysaDesigns.blogspot.com
Mary Lindell
marylindell.com
Niky Sayerssilverniknats.blogspot.co.uk
Sandra McGriffskyescreativechaos.blogspot.com
Patricia Handschuhthecolorofdreams.blogspot.com
Erin Prais-Hintztreasures-found.blogspot.com
Maria Rosa Sharrowwillowstreetshops.blogspot.com
Kathleen Breedingwww.99bobotw.blogspot.com
Monique Urquhartwww.ahalfbakednotion.blogspot.com
Jackie Locantore
www.artfire.com/ext/shop/blog/MorningStar
Sheryl StephensThe Babbling Beader
Becky Pancakewww.beckypancakebeaddesigns.blogspot.com
Mona Arnottwww.bijouxgemsjoy.blogspot.ca
Michelle Escanowww.cabbycraft.com
Denise McCabewww.cabewoman.blogspot.com
Carolyn Lawson
www.carolynscreationswa.blogspot.com
Sheila Prosewww.catswithbeads.blogspot.com
Kim Dworakwww.cianciblue.blogspot.com
Iveth Carusowww.CreativeAtelier.net/blog
Deborah Apodacawww.deborahapodacadesigns.blogspot.com/
Elizabeth Bunnwww.elizabethbeads.blogspot.com
Janine Lucaswww.esfera.me/travel/blog/travel-stories
Kari Asbury
Hippie Chick Design
Inge von RoosInge's Blog
Divya Nwww.jewelsofsayuri.com
Debbie Rasmussenwww.kepirasmussen.blogspot.com
KJwww.kjsbeadaciousbeads.blogspot.com/
Klaudete Koonwww.klaudetekoon.blogspot.com
Ghislaine Kruse-van Erpwww.kruseartllc.com
Ginger Bishopwww.lilmummylikes.blogspot.com
Kelly Schermerhorn
www.meanderingwithkelly.blogspot.com
Mischelle Andradewww.micheladasmusings.blogspot.com 
Sue KellyMid-Life Greater Expectations
Rachel Malliswww.mintmonarch.com/#!Blog/c1jlz
Susan McClellandwww.mistheword12.com
Mary K McGrawMK's Creative Musings
Tania SpiveyMoobie Grace Designs
Stephanie PerryMustard Seed by Stephanie Perry
Mitzie Criderwww.NeedfulLuxuries.Blogspot.com
Nicole RennellWww.nicolerennell.com/blog
Nicole Valentinewww.nvalentine.blogspot.com
Karen Mitchellwww.overthemoon-design.com
Tammy Adamswww.paisleylizard.com/blog/
Patty Miller
www.pattymillerbeads.blogspot.com
Blanca Medinawww.peru-medesigns.com
Stephanie Hausslerwww.pixybugdesigns.blogspot.com
Roxanne Mendozawww.roxidesigns.blogspot.com
Claire Fabianwww.saraccino.blogspot.com
Bridget Torreswww.shears58.net
Donetta Farringtonwww.simplygorgeous-donetta.blogspot.com
Lee Koopmanwww.stregajewellry.wordpress.com
Deb Fortinwww.studiok24.blogspot.ca
Susan WallsWww.susansartcircus.com/blog
Cece Cormier
The Beading Yogini
Heather Ottowww.thecrafthopper.com
Lizzie Clarkewww.theneedtobead.blogspot.co.uk
Elizabeth Hodgeswww.thewhisperingseas.blogspot.com
Fay Wolfendenwww.torchfairy.blogspot.com
Kelly Hosford Pattersonwww.TravelingSideShow.blogspot.com
Nan SmithNanmade Jewelry
Jayne Cappswwww.mamasgototdoodle.blogspot.com
Robin Kae Reed                                          http://www.willowdragon.blogspot.com/
Melissa Trudinger                                      https://beadrecipes.wordpress.com/
Regina Wood                                                  Gina's Designs


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations to your son Lisa. Rivoli's what is not to love? Your green and red pieces is perfect for Christmas. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your obsession, rivolis are so beautiful they are hard to resist. Love all your pendants.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, lots of glitz and glam. I love the way you made the bails in that first photo. I also really like the piece with the Russian Leaves. Congratulations to your son and his band and to you for using some of your stash and give a pat on the back to your husband for a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful seed bead work. I've yet to get into using Rivoli's (another path to explore sometime.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 'I've never met a Rivoli I didn't like' - you made me smile with that comment!
    Your designs are really lovely :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats to your son! And your pieces are terrific!

    ReplyDelete

River Walk Bracelet designed by Cynthia Newcomer Daniel

River Walk Bracelet designed by Cynthia Newcomer Daniel
Stitched by Me. Love the colors of this one.l